Monday, May 11, 2015

BKK



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled



mandatory cliched travel photo | home for three days | I could eat this forever | call me the ‘crazy bag lady’ | god of strength | endless supply of mangoes | view from the train | the sponsor of this trip | florals are pretty no matter which country you are in | vegetables wrapped in egg | satay on water | fish on sticks | soup noodles | prawns for brunch | 'cockles burn’ | chicken rice at the night market | love everything in this picture | his view

I have been talking about going to Bangkok for the past four years or so. Every time I'll be like "next year I'll go!" and plans (or the lack thereof) get washed down the drain year after year. This trip was quite spontaneous, like the many things we do. He called me up, told me he booked us a trip (on him) and we just went with it. Anniversary trip, he said. Mental high five.

And the trip did not disappoint. As usual, we avoided most of the touristy places and did a lot of walking around, seeing things differently. I honestly have never walked so much in my life and I'm not even complaining. How many people who visited Bangkok can actually say that they went to Ram Kam Haeng for street food and cheap shopping, twice in one trip? We dug it so much the first night we actually returned to the street the next night, following a less-than-exciting trip to the Platinum Fashion Mall (bought nothing there, way overhyped). Chatuchak Weekend Market is a must, and lots and lots of local food. We also YOLO'd our way to the nearest floating market at Taling Chan (open only on weekends and still has that rustic feel) for fresh juicy grilled prawns and squid. For brunch. Can I get a YUM YUM? I lost count of the number of iced Thai milk tea I had throughout the trip. Oh and the red, thirst-quenching pomegranate juices? 40baht a bottle is so worth it.

You'll never go hungry there because food (together with massage parlours) is literally everywhere. We can be full after a heavy lunch and get hungry within an hour due to all the walking. Again, not complaining because the lost calories means we could replace it with more food!

We were already planning about our next trip back there on our flight back to KL. The next time, it will be temples, water taxis, the train market and of course, more food please (kar pau gai!!).

No comments: